Macadamia nuts are the fruits of the macadamia tree and have a little butter-like taste and creamy texture. Like other nuts, these nuts are rich in nutrients.
These nuts contain some of the essential vitamins and minerals such as vitamin A, B, iron, folate, manganese, protein, healthy fats and all powerful antioxidants.
Macadamia nuts are rich in healthy fats and may help those who are trying to lose weight. They contain monounsaturated fat, which has numerous health benefits and also contain specific kinds of acids which are not readily available in many other foods called monounsaturated fatty acids. (MFA)
Having a number of health benefits, these macadamia nuts are a versatile addition into any healthy diet. Some of its health benefits are given below:
- Heart health – Reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Blood sugar control – Mitigate the risk of metabolic syndrome or lower its effects.
- Improve bone health – Help prevent bone demineralization.
- Protect against cancer – Can fight and prevent cancer.
- Treats anemia – Improve iron absorption and help prevent anemia.
- Guard your brain – Protect the brain from certain types of antioxidant stress.
- Enhance Skin Health – Help delay skin aging.
- Weight management – Show a reduction in weight gain.
- Improved digestion – Stop hunger.
- Strengthen Hair – Treat dry hair and strengthens the hair roots.
Since macadamia nut oil is rich in good fats, many use this oil in cooking. It can be also used in salads as a replacement of croutons which are rich in bad fats.
Macadamia nuts are found year round, so you do not need to worry about the season. There are many different types of macadamia nuts available on the market including sweet, salty, with shell, unshelled.
Try adding it to your diet today!