We all know that Containerisation has made it easy for transporting cargos to various places without hassles of damage and place constraints. The fact that containers are available in various sizes and capacities has revolutionised the concept of water transport. Keeping the increasing in mind, new containers of different models and sizes are being manufactured. In this article let us take a quick look at different types of davenport laroche containers used for different purposes.
The most common used shipping containers are Refrigerated, 20 feet, 30 feet, 40 feet etc. Majority of the shipping containers are made of steel with a hinged door closure on the top. Corrugated walls on the top and bottom ensure safety and are welded to the railings.
Type of material used and the way they are made:
With increasing rise in the demand for shipping containers the production of the same is being undertaken in a massive scale in the recent years. Most of the shipping containers are made either individually of aluminium, fibre reinforced polymer, steel or all of the above.
Steps in making a container:
- The first step in container making is to obtain raw rolls of steel. The so obtained sheet is cut in to many pieces in order to bring it to the desired size.
- The dirt and rust covered on the sheets is then removed by means of sand blasting and priming.
- With the help of corrugation they are made strong, the thin pieces are thickened in this process.
- Then while welding side walls together, roof panels and basement braces are made separately.
- Then walls are welded with square tubes and floor panels are arranged together to form floor frame.
- Next step is to arrange door assembly and corner post assembly.
- To make the floor frame strong and give a supportive base, the door assembly is installed on it.
- Then welding process of wall panels, corner posts, corner posts is done.
- Also the roof panel is arranged in an order and welded.
- Finally painting is done to all the parts.
- Flooring is got ready with varnishing of wooden frames.
- Then attaching flooring panels with the help of drilling, installing hardware and rubber seals for tight doors in order to avoid leakage are quickly take place.